What You Should Do After a Car Accident
In the minutes and hours following a car accident, you may likely be injured, disoriented, or unsure as to what steps you need to take. Your safety and the safety of others involved in the accident are paramount. This list should help guide you in how to respond after you have been involved in an accident.
- Call 911 and immediately seek medical treatment. If you or anyone else has been injured, do not try to move them, but rather wait for emergency medical personnel to arrive.
- Go to the hospital and have your injuries examined and documented. You will need these records for your insurance settlement.
- If you are able, get the names and contact information of anyone involved in the accident or any witnesses. Take photos of the accident and the scene. If you are injured, leave this step up to the police, who respond.
- Do not admit fault at the scene or at the hospital
- Contact Ali Awad, to discuss the details of your case. Our attorneys will offer a no-obligation consultation of your case.
The earlier you retain a car accident lawyer, the sooner you will be on your way to receiving the settlement offer you deserve after an accident.